AAFMCC ASSISTANCE FORM
Please fill out this form if you need assistance from the AAFMCC Executive Board with one of the following items:
1) Potential Grievance: You have reason to believe that MCC has violated AAFMCC's Collective Bargaining Agreement (i.e., your contractual rights) with regard to issues such as course offers, bumping, etc., and you are able to provide support for your claim.
2) Seniority List Error: You have reason to believe that there is an error on the seniority list.
3) Disciplinary Assistance: The College has contacted you regarding a complaint or has initiated a disciplinary action against you, and you may need union representation.
4) Personnel Problem: You are experiencing an issue with a fellow adjunct, full-time faculty member, your AD, or another MCC employee, and you need AAFMMC's guidance to help you navigate the situation.
5) Other: You are experiencing a situation regarding a different matter you believe AAFMCC should be aware of, you have a complaint, or you'd like to share your insight with us.
Please note: There is a big difference between a gripe and a grievance. A grievance is a formal challenge to the employer that the contract has been violated. In order to know what complaints can be processed as grievances, you will need to refer to the collective bargaining agreement between Macomb Community College and AAFMCC: www.aafmcc.org/uploads/1/1/7/1/117162032/aafmcc_cba_2019-2024.pdf
In order to help us best serve you, it is crucial that you provide us as much information as possible. AAFMCC will follow up based on the urgency of the matter and on the thoroughness of your submission.