As the first all-adjunct faculty community college union in the state of Michigan, AAFMCC exists and persists for the very same reasons upon which it was founded:
1. To end the sense of isolation and disenfranchisement many adjuncts experience by creating a deeper sense of community and support.
2. To create a more fair and harmonious working environment, not only between administration and adjuncts, but among adjuncts themselves.
3. To fulfill the promise of mutual respect and the recognition of the invaluable service adjuncts provide to higher education.
4. To erase the stigma of “casual and temporary labor” often associated with adjunct instructors while eventually achieving the parity and equity we deserve.
5. To enforce a fair contract, openly and mutually bargained, duly and democratically ratified by its members for the betterment of its members.
Association of Adjunct Faculty of Macomb Community College
P.O. Box 183017
Shelby Township, MI 48317
AAFMCC EXECUTIVE BOARD
Darrett Pullins, President
Jodi Monday, Interim Grievance Officer (GO)
Jeff Kass, Vice President (VP)
Jane Asher, Secretary
Treasurer Yvette Griffin
Susan Kirwan, Member at Large (MAL)